Hello

B

Brandon Doyle

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a freshman in college with a major of Physics, however I'll be switching to either applied or (more likely) computational mathematics in the fall. I came here several months ago for advice on how to replace Windows XP with Linux and I was given plenty of help. I'm still getting used to the OS but I would certainly say I like it better than any windows machine I've used. Both my desktop and laptop now run LinuxMint and I enjoy using the command line more than anything else.

Brandon

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a freshman in college with a major of Physics, however I'll be switching to either applied or (more likely) computational mathematics in the fall. I came here several months ago for advice on how to replace Windows XP with Linux and I was given plenty of help. I'm still getting used to the OS but I would certainly say I like it better than any windows machine I've used. Both my desktop and laptop now run LinuxMint and I enjoy using the command line more than anything else.

Brandon
Welcome to the community. Have you looked at Scientific Linux?

Welcome to the community. Have you looked at Scientific Linux?

Hello,

No, I cannot say I have heard of it, I'll definitely look into it, however, as it sounds interesting!

Thank you,
Brandon Doyle

Members online

Latest posts