Hello, My name is Matt

M

Matt Parker

I am new to Linux. I am a single father and I have my 11yr old Aspergian son to thank for getting me back into programming after a 30 year hiatus; last time I did any programming we were using TRS-80's and tape machines for data storage in high school. As I read and study I discover how much I missed it.
I am planning to start homeschooling him next year and electronics, computer science and programming are 3 of his interest areas I want to use to build an interest-based curriculum. We are also delving into Arduino and Raspberry Pi as teaching tools; in fact I am on the site now on my Pi2.
I have read a few of the 'beginner's tutorials' by Rob and have found them interesting and informative.
Thank you for this site and the information it gives.

I am new to Linux. I am a single father and I have my 11yr old Aspergian son to thank for getting me back into programming after a 30 year hiatus; last time I did any programming we were using TRS-80's and tape machines for data storage in high school. As I read and study I discover how much I missed it.
I am planning to start homeschooling him next year and electronics, computer science and programming are 3 of his interest areas I want to use to build an interest-based curriculum. We are also delving into Arduino and Raspberry Pi as teaching tools; in fact I am on the site now on my Pi2.
I have read a few of the 'beginner's tutorials' by Rob and have found them interesting and informative.
Thank you for this site and the information it gives.
Matt,
If he has an interest in electronics, consider amateur radio as a possible source of material to keep him interested. There is no longer a code requirement, just the theory/ regulations test.:):) And it also goes very well with computers!:cool::D

Paul

Members online