Grub Menu Not Showing Up Upon Rebooting

_Default

Reaction score
Credits
Well, me again with another issue......... After attempting to reinstall grub and attempting to use boot-repair, my grub menu wont show up when rebooting my laptop. I am dual booted with Linux Mint and Windows 10, and i can boot into Mint just fine with the F9 key but (obviously) i find it easier to just boot into grub instead of loading my bios boot manager and then booting into grub and from there booting into Mint. I have also tried to modify my /etc/default/grub by replacing the grub timeout line (assuming that was the problem) but still no luck on it. I really dont want to mess with any bootloader stuff in my Windows 10 if i really dont have to (in case i mess things up and bootloop myself).

After attempting to reinstall grub and attempting to use boot-repair
Why were you doing that? Was there a problem?

The easiest fix, if it is available, is to go into your BIOS/UEFI settings and find the Boot Order options. If it shows Ubuntu, move it into the top position with the F5 of F6 key. (Linux Mint displays Ubuntu, so don't worry about that.)

If that doesn't work, there is a Linux way and a Windows way to fix this.... and actually I think the Windows way is easier. But I'm heading out the door so I'll come back to this later to see if the BIOS/UEFI settings fixed it instead.

Cheers

I had no idea about that.. there were several fixes online and none of them mentioned changing the boot order. Now that i think about it though that would make a little bit of sense.. :confused:

I had no idea about that.. there were several fixes online and none of them mentioned changing the boot order. Now that i think about it though that would make a little bit of sense.. :confused:
But the question is... did that work? :D

But the question is... did that work? :D
Well i found my first problem. For some reason OS boot manager wasnt at the top.. and when clicking enter on the boot manager, Windows 10 was the first entry. Just pressed F6 on ubuntu to switch that above windows and i am booting into grub now. Thanks!! :D

Members online