File not listing by ls !!!

DR-DNK

Reaction score
Credits
Hey !!!

While using FTP server and USB-MSC (mass storage class) together in Arduino IDE on ESP32-S3 controller , I am able to transfer files successfully in my SD-Card which is interfaced with my controller .

The ls function which is there inside the SdFat library is able to list the file in the serial monitor. But my file is not getting listed by Linux OS , i.e my PC is not able to list the transferred file . I am able to see my files only when I unplug and plug my controller again .

Will LINUX help me in anyway to list the file which resides in my SD-Card in real time as and when the file is transferred via FTP client ?

File system?

Type of file?

You are no longer the owner of the file, once transferred(?).

(Possibly a dot file, in which case you need to show/un hide it.)

Maybe try ls -a

File system : FAT16
Type of file : .txt , .img .
I am the owner of the file , after the file is transferred .
I have checked the show hidden files box , still I am not able to see this file .
The same is the case with Windows .

I am able to see the file after using the umount command in LINUX and opening the drive again , while I am able to see the file in Windows once I scan the drive for errors in property window .
Can you please tell me what do you infer from this ?

Try searching for it/them by using the 'find' utility on Linux...

Code:
 find / -name '*.txt' -print

(Sent before reading your other post)

I am able to see the file after using the umount command in LINUX and opening the drive again , while I am able to see the file in Windows once I scan the drive for errors in property window .
Can you please tell me what do you infer from this ?
The system needed to re read the drive for it to show up.

Staff online

Members online