Dmesg get a lot of error message

zehevvv

Reaction score
Credits
Hi
I hope this right forum...

I have a board "orange pi lts 4" that run a debian linux, for some unknown reason i get a lot of message of failed from the GPIO, How i can track the program that cause to that messages? The messages:
[ 1635.423287] fusb302 4-0022: connection has disconnected
[ 1635.423443] gpiod_get_value: invalid GPIO (errorpointer)
[ 1635.423448] gpiod_set_raw_value: invalid GPIO (errorpointer)

If the messages are causing no issues to the functioning of the computer, then they can be considered harmless messages of information. It's simply a fact that the kernel doesn't configure and use everything in all hardware perfectly. It depends on developers resolving these matters, and they tend to concentrate on what matters to them first.

The messages shown are output from the kernel ring buffer accessed with the dmesg command. That information comes from the kernel in the process of loading the gpio modules which are actually the drivers for running the pins on a gpio chip at boot, or whenever the kernel has been called to load them.

The currently loaded drivers can be seen with the command: lsmod. Information about the modules can be seen with: modinfo <module-as-shown-in-lsmod-output>, but it's not always that informative.

The home of the gpio drivers on this machine is in the directory: /usr/lib/modules/6.0.0-6-amd64/kernel/drivers/gpio, but on your machine will likely be different with a different kernel.

The "program" that runs the show are usually the kernel module loading programs: modprobe, and depmod. Usually, if one wants to control loading, unloading or blacklisting modules, they configure the matter in /etc/modules, /etc/modprobe.d and/or /etc/modules-load.d. There may be no need to do that in this case however.

This uses the Rockchip rk3399 which is also used on a Firefly have a look here
and here https://blog.csdn.net/jj244212647/article/details/103788
I already read the first one and found it unclear or not helpful,
The second thread is in Chinese...

If the messages are causing no issues to the functioning of the computer, then they can be considered harmless messages of information. It's simply a fact that the kernel doesn't configure and use everything in all hardware perfectly. It depends on developers resolving these matters, and they tend to concentrate on what matters to them first.

The messages shown are output from the kernel ring buffer accessed with the dmesg command. That information comes from the kernel in the process of loading the gpio modules which are actually the drivers for running the pins on a gpio chip at boot, or whenever the kernel has been called to load them.

The currently loaded drivers can be seen with the command: lsmod. Information about the modules can be seen with: modinfo <module-as-shown-in-lsmod-output>, but it's not always that informative.

The home of the gpio drivers on this machine is in the directory: /usr/lib/modules/6.0.0-6-amd64/kernel/drivers/gpio, but on your machine will likely be different with a different kernel.

The "program" that runs the show are usually the kernel module loading programs: modprobe, and depmod. Usually, if one wants to control loading, unloading or blacklisting modules, they configure the matter in /etc/modules, /etc/modprobe.d and/or /etc/modules-load.d. There may be no need to do that in this case however.
Thanks for the answer it was very informative!
I have another problem with the GPIO (I am working with the stepper motor and from time to time the chip gets stuck :( ), I hope to get information from 'dmesg' but the message from the GPIO is making it impossible.
In any case thanks for the answer.

Members online

Latest posts