Complete freeze in different Distros

i'm not sure the desktop will make much of a difference, but since you have had issues with kde trying xfce would at least be a change in case it might have played a part.

MX Linux freezes during installation :(

I will continue searching for a solution but I'm not getting my hopes up. It is what it is, I know Linux will come, eventually.

Thank you all for your help, and I hope this thread at least helps someone in a similiar situation to fix their problem.

Well, I will tell you my thought. IF it were a Lenovo V55t-15API , then depending on the specification ordered but the first owner and what country it was produced to be sold in, Would usually have 3 drives, a plate spinner [traditional HDD for storage] then either a SSD and a m2NVMe or m2 NVMe, the smaller NVMe [used for the OS] in countries that would allow , could have OPAL encryption.

Well, I will tell you my thought. IF it were a Lenovo V55t-15API , then depending on the specification ordered but the first owner and what country it was produced to be sold in, Would usually have 3 drives, a plate spinner [traditional HDD for storage] then either a SSD and a m2NVMe or m2 NVMe, the smaller NVMe [used for the OS] in countries that would allow , could have OPAL encryption.
I see. This is what I hace, just in case:

1 ssd 240g: windows11.
1 hdd 1tb: I use it to store my games. I tried installing Linux in this drive at first but the problem is the same.
1 ssd 120gb: this is the one I'm currently using for my Linux installations.

1 ssd 120gb: this is the one I'm currently using for my Linux installations.
IF it is encrypted this would be the one, don't hold your breath, I have contacted the programmers at OPAL and asked if this could be causing the problem, but it will take a few days to get an answer [that's if they bother to reply] If I get one I will let you know.

IF it is encrypted this would be the one, don't hold your breath, I have contacted the programmers at OPAL and asked if this could be causing the problem, but it will take a few days to get an answer [that's if they bother to reply] If I get one I will let you know.
Thank you so much for contacting them. In the meantime I will research about it on my own

I researched for a little bit and read that Ubuntu 18.04.6 has the GTX 1650 as a verified video card. I don't know if my problem comes from there, but I went ahead and I downloaded and installed Ubuntu 18.04.6. When I selected the option "Try Ubuntu without installing", this happened:

Is this related to my freeze problem? Maybe this new error can help me. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-28 at 17.58.40.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-28 at 17.58.40.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 96
i would only consider those to be an issue if they are happening all the time you have firefox open and are absolutely flooding your logs.

Staff online

Members online