Battery gets ruined

sidd8rth

Reaction score
Credits
I have ASUS ROG Strix G Core i7 9th Gen, I installed Ubuntu in Dual boot mode in this laptop, but my battery health got deteriorated in a span of 2 months only, its just battery lost its whole capacity.
I changed the battery and again installed this ubuntu, new battery also got deteriorated a bit then I removed Ubuntu from my system, Is it like I won't be able to use Linux in my pc. Why does this happen, did it happen with anyone else too.
Whats the solution for this thing.

I found the specs of your gaming laptop here:

I don't know why the battery is deteriorating.
A quick google search explained that Lithium-Ion batteries degrade over time and it's due to in part of
extreme temperature variations.

Maybe our moderators: @wizardfromoz or @KGIII or other members will know what's going on.

Is your laptop still under warranty with Asus?

Actually bro, the new battery I bought 5 days before too got deteriorated from it full charge capacity ,in 5 days it god dropped from 52kwh to 44kwh

1650341516070.png

Actually bro, the new battery I bought 5 days before too got deteriorated from it full charge capacity ,in 5 days it god dropped from 52kwh to 44kwh

View attachment 12353
A few other people are complaining about the same issue:

It sounds like the laptop is overheating at a high rate.

There might be a way to control the fan in the BIOS but I'm not sure.
Maybe try playing your games at low settings.

Let's see what other members have to say.
If I find something helpful I'll post it for you--

Not overheating bro, its working fine in windows but when i install linux battery gets deteriorate

Linux is bad with laptop batteries, you can try to install TLP to see if it improves it some.

which Distro are you using?
Give us the output of
Code:
inxi -Fxxzr
Depending on the distro your using you may have to install inxi first.

Staff online

Members online