bare bones linux

All_All_The_Time

Reaction score
Credits
hello im Alex, well I recently found out about Linux by exploring my Chromebook which I bought like 4 years ago so my question activated (downloaded) bare bones Linux and have no idea what I'm doing although while exploring I stumbled on manual and watched a few YouTube vids but still feel lost when it comes to distros and what not like how I can costumize it

Welcome to the forums
1] not all chromebooks can be converted to Linux, those that can will need to be enabled, some machines this can be done by software, others there is a physical switch [or may even be a screw] on the machine motherboard
2] some chromebooks have ARM CPU's, make sure if yours is one of these you download an ARM compliant distribution
3] Linux is infinitely customisable, but it is Linux, not chrome, not android, not windows, not Mac, do not expect to run apps/programs from other systems on Linux

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

thank you all for the welcome after watching a few YouTube videos I realize how I want to cosomize my laptop(Linux) but no idea where to start but I have a side gig we're I unlock computers and laptops. any help

Last edited:

Members online