Attempting to convert.

M

Murp

Hello everyperson, call me Merp. Or Murp. Uh, dunno why I spelled it that way. Doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter who or what I am, all you need to know is this -- I'm attempting to convert to Linux. From Windows XP. Which I friggin' love. Why am I converting? Not because Microsoft has stopped support for XP. Rather, I've always wanted to embrace free software (I love XP but I hate Microsoft, and don't want to support them), and I'm probably going to build my first ever completely-my-own computer sometime in the near future, and I definitely don't want to install Windows on it, so I wanna get used to Linux now.

And uh, heh, actually, I'm only posting this topic 'cause I need some help, and want to post a link in my "help me" topic, but you can't post links until you have four posts, so...one down :p

Welcome aboard, Murp. I had played around with a couple versions of Linnux before, but could not see paying more money to Micro#4%6 for windows 8. I just heard too many bad things about it. I just converted all the machines and other computers at work to Windows 7. I found the site for Puppy Linux and burned a live cd of slacko5.7.0-PAE to play with. It is so small that it runs in ram and you don't even need a hard drive in the computer. I can set my Compac V5101US to boot from the cd and it runs instead of windows xp. No worries! There are plenty of GURUS here to answer your questions

Paul

Welcome aboard, Murp. I had played around with a couple versions of Linnux before, but could not see paying more money to Micro#4%6 for windows 8. I just heard too many bad things about it. I just converted all the machines and other computers at work to Windows 7. I found the site for Puppy Linux and burned a live cd of slacko5.7.0-PAE to play with. It is so small that it runs in ram and you don't even need a hard drive in the computer. I can set my Compac V5101US to boot from the cd and it runs instead of windows xp. No worries! There are plenty of GURUS here to answer your questions

Paul
Microsoft as in toilet paper?

Members online

Latest posts