After installing UFW [skip] ordering cycle found, skipping networking.service, network-pre.target

ZennMystic

Reaction score
Credits
I'll be honest I had forgotten to install UFW and when ahead and installed a few other things I needed first. Then I remembered and so installed UFW. But after doing so I get:

[skip] ordering cycle found, skipping networking.service
[skip] ordering cycle found, skipping network-pre.target

on start up. I'll be honest no clue what it really mean other then something to with my network.
I really do not want to reinstall Debian. But if that is the best option I will do so.

How would I even go about solving this issue?

Thank you for your time

Things were messed up enough I thought screw it re-install. Everything seems to be running a lot better now and the issues are gone.

The thing I really like about Linux/Debian is it does not take a full day to install and update an OS unlike when I used Windows.
30 minutes and I was up and running....

The only thing I am wondering about is when I installed Debian before it ask me about a UFI bios/boot thing? This time it did not ask me (well that I saw...)

But the problems I had with my NAS and firewall are all gone. (They were both added after I had installed Debian the first time...)

If it matters, you can check to see if the installation is UEFI by inspecting the directory /sys/firmware/efi/efivars. If it's populated with files, it's UEFI, otherwise it's a BIOS installation. Alternatively run: lsblk, and see if there is a /boot/efi partition. If there's none, it's BIOS.

Staff online

Members online