Acer PC Dual Hard Drives - C: Windows 11 OS and D: Spare

Reaction score
Credits
Greetings Friends!
Hope you all have a Great New Year 2024!!!!!

Please advise what is the best way to install Zorin OS 17 Core unto my D: Spare drive.
I want to be able to boot into Windows 11 OS and Zorin 17 OS at anytime.

Regards

Just make sure you select the second drive at the partitioning stage, when installed your Linux will be your first [auto] boot

I wrote this, please check it out and it will save you so much trouble.

Thank you for your response. The article you wrote is a confirmation of what the easiest way is to use Windows OS and Linux OS on one PC. Furthermore, you are wearing the T shirt - tried and tested.

I am no Techie - still learning. How did you install Linux OS on your dedicated drive? How do you boot into each OS?

Thank you for your response. The article you wrote is a confirmation of what the easiest way is to use Windows OS and Linux OS on one PC. Furthermore, you are wearing the T shirt - tried and tested.

I am no Techie - still learning. How did you install Linux OS on your dedicated drive? How do you boot into each OS?
Read up on the devices. You will find they have buttons on the outside that you can turn on which ever drive you need before booting. So shut down the windows drive and turn on the linux drive and then do the install with the windows system completely out of the mix now. same if you needed to work on windows. All you have to do to boot is turn on whatever drive has the OS you want and turn off the others.
You can set the bios boot order so that the linux drive is priority boot, that will ensure that if all drives are on you boot linux with access to windows drive. If you want windows you would turn off the linux drive then boot up. You would run windows with no access to linux drive which is normal since windows can't read linux file systems anyway.

Let me make sure you understand that the drive choice is done BEFORE you power up the computer. Changing power on a running drive could cause trouble.

Read up on the devices. You will find they have buttons on the outside that you can turn on which ever drive you need before booting. So shut down the windows drive and turn on the linux drive and then do the install with the windows system completely out of the mix now. same if you needed to work on windows. All you have to do to boot is turn on whatever drive has the OS you want and turn off the others.
You can set the bios boot order so that the linux drive is priority boot, that will ensure that if all drives are on you boot linux with access to windows drive. If you want windows you would turn off the linux drive then boot up. You would run windows with no access to linux drive which is normal since windows can't read linux file systems anyway.

Let me make sure you understand that the drive choice is done BEFORE you power up the computer. Changing power on a running drive could cause trouble.
Thanks for your support! I followed your process exactly. Dual boot in working like an oiled machine.
Also enjoying the ability to select the Os I want.

Members online