Today's article isn't going to apply to many of you...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Most of you will have no good reasons to clear your DNS cache. But, when you do need to know how to do so there's an article that'll help you out with that.

It's not something you're really going to need to know how to do - unless you need to do so. Most of you won't ever need to do so.

For those who use unbound DNS resolver it's as simple as restarting the service (or system):

Bash:
sudo systemctl restart unbound

I should probably add that to the article.

I should probably add that to the article.
You have my full royalty free, exclusive, non-revocable Copyright permission to do so :)
That was a joke ofc. yeah feel free to include the solution in your article.

I have nothing against it because I harvested this method elsewhere on the internet the hard way and I guarantee it's not plagiarism but my own post is my own interpretation of knowledge I harvested.

Please don't take my words offensive or anything similar, it was not my attempt but just a joke and agreement.

That was a joke ofc.

I had assumed. Also, my site is Creative Commons. You can use it elsewhere, with attribution as my only stipulation. I figure if I'm going to cover open source stuff that I might as well use an equivalent license for the site.

I had assumed. Also, my site is Creative Commons. You can use it elsewhere, with attribution as my only stipulation. I figure if I'm going to cover open source stuff that I might as well use an equivalent license for the site.
Stack Exchange posts are all CC license, so you can simply copy paste their content trough "share" link for attribution.
Open source software like from GitHub are different things all together and their licenses might consume more space than entire article.

Stack Exchange posts are all CC license, so you can simply copy paste their content trough "share" link for attribution.

I haven't done much on SE as of late. That's too bad. I've got some Fake Internet Points built up!

Ah, now I know why some of my old bookmarks don't work anymore.

I've noticed this problem with several-years-old bookmarks. I could visit the same page if I used a different device, but not the one I was using when I bookmarked the page. Or, I could find the same page using keywords in the search bar of the browser.

I flush my DNS with this...
Code:
 sudo /etc/init.d/dns-clean start