Unable to register to the forums.kali.org site - can anyone assist (or provide the admin address so that I can notify them of what I am experiencing)?

Reaction score
Credits
I am trying to get out of my Ubuntu/Rocky/PopOS comfort zones, and learn some pentesting skills - so I figured on working with Kali. To that end, I figured on lurking on the Kali forums to gain some additional insights (while studying on the tools that is included with the image). However, I find that I can't register to the forums page"

I have tried this on Windows 10/11, and Linux OS versions (Ubuntu 22.04, Rocky 9, and Kali 6.5.0) with Firefox.
I have also attempted with MS Edge on the Windows 10/11 systems - to no avail.

Has anyone run into this message when they attempted to register (and if so, how did you resolve it)?

1699419044873.png

Last edited:

Did you actually READ the message? You wanted to register and you were told no. Now don't be rude by asking for preferential treatment.

I'm unsure if you are joking, getting your lolz on being rude to people trying to learn, or whatever - so I will attempt to respond in good faith.

Yes, I did read the message.
I am thinking, however, that the admins might be unaware that it is impossible for new members to register. If that is the case, I figured on just informing them of this.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums.

Perhaps registrations were disabled because whoever is the moderator got tired of cleaning up after accounts of short duration. You will need to get into contact with one of the moderators by e-mail if possible to rectify the problem. Otherwise they might not want new members.

Many support forums have taken this route, because there are disgusting people making bad use of Internet. A few months ago I tried to join the technical forum of a different Linux distro. I was told by the administrator (who is also the leader of the project) to send him e-mail so he could create an account for me on that forum. If you really, really want to be part of the Kali Forum you might have to do the same thing, and be sure that a "targeted user" found in that forum is one of the moderators, or even better, the administrator.

Thank you - I tried searching the site for the admin contact information emails - but reminiscent of a Catch-22, no information is available (at least until one signs into the site).

So, I figured I'd ask here, as either 1. a sanity check, or 2. to see if anyone is able to provide the admin contact info.

Last edited:
There are around a dozen or so pen-testing distributions, not all are as hard as Kali to install, and some have friendlier forums, ALL expect you to be proficient at using Linux and have a good understanding of the terminal and how it works,
some other distributions include
Parrot
Hack the box
Black Arch
Pentoo
Athena

this is just a few that spring to mind.

Apologies on the confusion: I am not asking about how to install or use Kali; I am typing from Kali at this time:
$ uname -a
Linux XXXXXXXXX 6.5.0-kali3-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.5.6-1kali1 (2023-10-09) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I recognized from one of your previous responses that asking members of this sub-forum questions about Kali wouldn't be highly regarded.
I am just asking about the Kali Linux forum to determine if I was the only one experiencing this issue (a sanity check, if you will), or if this might be something that the mods might be unaware of.

Last edited:
I am getting the same as you from their registration page, Sorry unable to find any direct contacts for you,
they do have [although I have never used them] a Twitter address, a Facebook page, a discourse channel and a RIC Channel, I dont know if you can get an answer via any of those.

Last edited:
Folks, the operative question here is

Has anyone run into this message when they attempted to register (and if so, how did you resolve it)?

and thanks, Brian @Brickwizard , I found likewise.

To others, please do not make a comment unless you are able to help.

@Priest_Apostate - you may just have to wait on them until they resume normal operations.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Same problem, months after. Kali forum still no accept new registrations.

Same problem, months after. Kali forum still no accept new registrations.
Welcome, I can only make the same suggestion as I did above, to use one of the other pen-testing distributions [they have more user-friendly forums and use the same "tools" as Kali]

From what I've seen on Reddit they were getting a lot of spam so they shutdown registrations. Try their official discord server or irc, they are listed here.

Last edited:

Staff online