Phishers Spoof USPS, 12 Other Natl’ Postal Services

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits

Your package is delayed at customs because of a clerical error. Please send us $12.00 to expedite this, so we
can deliver your package as quickly as possible.

.... but I didn't order anything

You are the winner of our dream home give away! Please send $20 for the processing fee.

.... but I didn't enter any contest

This is the Idaho State Patrol looking for donations.
But I live in Oregon
We just want you to give to the organization that you donated to last year.
What organization was that?
... click.

Last edited:
I see "yours" are more proactive than "ours"

Most of what I receive is confined to Australia Post deliveries.

The majority of the items I have bought, are done via ebay....which goes to massive lengths to tell me how secure their site is.

And yet...each time I order and pay for whatever, I receive one of 'these' sms's

So, my question is....where is the leak?

I haven't spent that much time doing so, but I have spent some time doing so.

Visit YouTube and look up 'scam baiting' (assuming you've never done so).

While I've never been scammed, it still brings me great joy to see people screw with them, cost them money, and sometimes even stop someone from being scammed.

I watched one longer video yesterday, where AnyDesk was helping a very large group of people bait and shut down scammers. Well, it was sometimes just background noise, but you get the idea.

If I didn't instigate it, then it's spam! :D
Exactly.
I read about theses stories all of the time and know people who have fallen for these scams.
I do not understand how anyone can fall for these kind of scams.
Guarantee you it would not happen at my end.

Your package is delayed at customs because of a clerical error. Please send us $12.00 to expedite this, so we
can deliver your package as quickly as possible.

.... but I didn't order anything

You are the winner of our dream home give away! Please send $20 for the processing fee.

.... but I didn't enter any contest
Too predictable to pay attention to any of it. I won "something" but I have to pay? What the hey kind of contest is that?!

Like a long time ago my mother received phony assurances that she "was going to be a millionaire". From a well-known company whose name more or less is the stadium of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team. (I preferred its original name which is "Miller Park".) Got suckered into buying some two-year magazine subscriptions. Take away a million to give away a million, but I don't even...

Staff online

Members online