Epson printer drivers and many others. Could be helpful for some on here.

Peconet57

Silver Member
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
You will need Gutenprint and foomatic so that Linux can get your correct printer drivers. Here is the link for Gutenprint; https://gimp-print.sourceforge.io/ Click on the end of said "Gutenprint 5.3.3 is available" section here to download it; https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/files/gutenprint-5.3/5.3.3/ this will be in a "tar.xz" file. Hope all goes well. IF anyone is having trouble with epson printers you can download this as well, bear in mind you will have to compile it yourself and all you have to do is; Download the file, then "extract" the file in the folder (make a folder in the "Home" section of your computer) by pressing "F10" on your keyboard, and mark that file as Gutenprint, then "right click" in the file itself, that you have the extracted gutenprint, and then select "Open terminal here". When your terminal opens type in, su, and then your password, then type in, "./configure" (with out the quotes) and then press enter, when finished, type in "make" (with out the quotes) and then when that is finished type in "make install" (with out the quotes), you might have to wait a bit for it to compile, but after that is all finished you just close out the terminal and switch on your printer, open up the terminal again and type in, after you login with your password, "system-config-printer" (with out the quotes), click on the "add printer" icon and then select your printer from the list. Hope all goes well for all on here that are having the same issues as I had. You might want to look at "Gscan2pdf" for the scanner bit for the scanner part for your all in one.

What's your motivation for pushing this software?
Well, there are some people that are having some trouble with their printer(s) not working in their linux systems. I had the same with mine, it had taken me 48 hours solid to find my answer. So, the answer to a problem that someone has, I have posted the answer to many of whom has/have these problems. I do hope you do not mind me doing so.

Most Epson printers work just fine with the Linux drivers found in most distribution repositories

Most Epson printers work just fine with the Linux drivers found in most distribution repositories
And that is the problem right there when you had said "most printers". I posted my post to cover the old printers that come under the "most" section and the driver(s) do work.

I do hope you do not mind me doing so.

Don't go replying to threads that are old. They've solved their problem or moved on. Dredging up old posts is just bad form. So, don't do that. Thanks.

Don't go replying to threads that are old. They've solved their problem or moved on. Dredging up old posts is just bad form. So, don't do that. Thanks.
The thread was not locked, that is why I added my post to it. Maybe I should be a mind reader. I will keep your reply in mind. Got it!

Members online