Today's article was written so that I can write another article...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I have covered some Flatpak stuff, but I had only covered installing Flatpak in Lubuntu. Sure, those commands work for other distros, but now I've covered the subject more deeply and have even enlisted the aid of AI. (AI and I co-wrote this article.)

Some of you won't have to install anything in order to use Flatpaks. Mint users will have this built-in and won't have to do anything.

Stop writing AI and ChatGPT all over your articles, and the places where you publish them. Google will punish you for this.

Do I quitely and discretely :p Its totally ok to let LLMs help you with writing, every newspaper does that by now. But its not ok to say that ;)

LLMs are just a tool to help you write faster, you still proof-read it, which is what makes it a human designed thing.

Google will punish you for this.

LOL So far they haven't minded. They send me about the same amount of traffic, though it was slightly down last month - but even that is typical. I grow through spurts. I had a brilliant month and now I'll have two or so months with slightly less traffic. Then I'll exceed the records from that month.

I'm doing pretty well with over 1000 visits per day these days.

From what I've read, Google doesn't mind AI - unless you're using AI exclusively and excessively. I've used AI like five or six times in the past couple of years. So, I still have mostly human content - and I'm sure Google can tell the difference. AI writes nothing like me and not even like a human. It's getting closer to writing like a human, so there's that...

But as said, pretty much everything is written with, or at least re-written by some LLM.

As mentioned, I use ChatGPT sparingly.

It would just feel so dirty to publish an article without admitting that I didn't write it. I recently did a sponsored article with the condition that I not point out that it's a sponsored article and that was a bit uncomfortable. I figured people would figure it out and know that it was just an article to help pay some hosting costs.

But, yeah, you might be correct - if I make more use of AI. I'm sure I will come up with something that uses AI again.

I think you / we have to rethink how "I wrote" is defined. If you put notes into chatgpt, and it converts that into a well readable text, and then you read it and correct it here and there, then you still wrote it imho.

"Write me a blogpost about cd", then not proof reading it and then publishing it is bollocks imho. That google might flag.

Some of you won't have to install anything in order to use Flatpaks. Mint users will have this built-in and won't have to do anything.

This is very true and are large too...gone are the days of little partitions.
1715132771146.gif

This is very true and are large too...gone are the days of little partitions. View attachment 19804

Yup. They're pretty large and take a while to update on slower connections.

Fortunately, for many people, storage space is cheap.

Latest posts