Tried to setup WAP and now can't connect to Pi/Internet at all

Minaz

Reaction score
Credits
I have a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian.

Previously, I installed PiHole and VNC server. I run the Pi in headless mode and connect through VNC.

I wanted to add a wireless access point on the Pi, so I followed this tutorial: https://thepi.io/how-to-use-your-raspbe ... ess-point/

However, right around the time I was adding the bridge (step 8), my pi lost connection to my VNC client. At first I thought the Pi might be down, but when I connected to the Pi using a physical keyboard and monitor, I saw my Pi was still up indicating it was some sort of connection failure.

However, now I cannot connect headless to my Pi using VNC viewer, I cannot access the Pi at all remotely, even using its ip address.

Furthermore, on the Pi itself, in non-headless mode, I can't access the Internet at all. I tried loading a web page on my browser and nothing happens.

So after following the instructions on the link to setup a WAP, I lost the ability to connect to the Pi through VNC Viewer, through IP address, and the Pi itself can't access the Internet either.

Can someone tell me what happened? The best case is if I can get the WAP working but at the very least, I need to get Pi Hole and VNC Viewer working again, but the instructions don't say how to reverse the process.

Can anyone help? I'd take any suggestions on how to fix the WAP or how to undo the changes that I've made.

Staff online

Latest posts