Suggest useful graphs for a DMARC Visualizer? Will make it free

LearningTechAndDev

Reaction score
Credits
Hey Everyone

I've been exploring a platform called Elasticsearch+Kibana. And recently, I just became aware of DMARC aggregation reports. As a way to learn more Elasticsearch+Kibana, I figure I make a DMARC Visualizer. Once I finish, I want to share this for free with everyone and make a YouTube video explaining how it works incase anyone wants to improve it. I've already come up with a mechanism to quickly ingest all DMARC aggregation reports into Elasticsearch. And I already used Kibana to make a dashboard with the following graphs/visualizations (using pseudo-sql-code):

1) SELECT COUNT(*), AuthResult.Result, AuthResult.Type FROM dmarc_report WHERE AuthResult.Domain = <@emaildomain.com> AND AuthResult.SourceIP IN (<list of authorized IPs>) GROUP BY AuthResult.Result

Example of results:

Code:
349        pass        spf
2        fail        spf
349        pass        dkim
3        fail        dkim

2) SELECT COUNT(*), AuthResult.Result, AuthResult.Type FROM dmarc_report WHERE AuthResult.Domain = <@emaildomain.com> AND AuthResult.SourceIP NOT IN (<list of authorized IPs>) GROUP BY AuthResult.Result

3) SELECT COUNT(*), Report.ReportOrgName FROM dmarc_report

Example of results

2003 google.com
402 yahoo.com
...etc...

I was wondering if anyone can suggest other graphs that might be useful that I can bundle as default graphs?

I think most folks here are not running their own email service. Even though I have one I use another service to send email on my behalf (send blue). My ISP nailed down their network making it impossible to send email to anyone directly(rightfully so). In any case sounds like an interesting project. Good luck....

Alright, I've actually made the DMARC Visualizer. I also made a 6 minute video showing how anyone can set up exactly the same thing in just a few seconds:

I also created a 1 hour line-by-line explanation of all the code incase anyone wants to reverse engineer this for other use cases:

Here's a screenshot of what the DMARC dashboard looks like
dmarc-visualizer.png

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts