SSD and fuse files

idgraham

Reaction score
Credits
I run Trisquel on a Lenovo T400. I have just bought a SSD, the first I've had. I spent most of yesterday afternoon copying folders onto it as back-ups. I had some hiccups, but generally everything went as I would expect - the usual 'in process' displays etc, and time taken in proportion to the size of the items. But when I came back to it this morning, I realised that although I had some 50 folders presenting on the SSD, most of them were empty ! On the other hand, the Properties display tells me that in all 190.1 GB are used, although the detailed info says 80 items at only 930.6 MB; "Filesystem type: fuse"
So is all my data in fact there, but I need some special way of accessing it ?
Help 'in words of one syllable' will be greatly appreciated !
Sincerely
Ian Graham

I have been trying to make sense of this situation. Briefly, in Caja, at the 'top level', all the folders I have created appear. In the majority of cases, if I click on one to go to the next level, there is nothing. I have also had instances, when deliberately testing, that a newly copied folder appears in Caja with information on its contents eg. '9 files'. When I clicked to open it, I got an error message, and when I clicked OK on that and went back to the Caja screen, the number of files revised to 0.
I have also looked in from the Terminal, and there everything visible in Caja also appears, but in green - which I understand indicated some sort of permissions issue ?
On another computer in Lubuntu, I have much the same experience as just described, but have gather the additional information that 'Permissions' are [FONT=Noto Sans, sans-serif]rwxrwxrwx, whatever that means.....
Looking at the overall propewrties of the SSD, it is clear that I have, in some sense, put very significant quantity of 'stuff' on it, which I cannot now access.
I really would be VERY grateful for any insights in 'what is going on' here !
Sincerely
Ian Graham

PS what is even more confusing, is that there are a very small minority of folders that do seem to be intact and accessible, to at least tree levels.
[/FONT]

Members online

Latest posts