Sony Bravia KDL- 32WE613

Thomasz

Reaction score
Credits
I hope that I don't post in the wrong cathegory.

But however I have an Sony Bravia KDL32-WE613 ( Wich I bought brand new for aprox 3 years ago.So it's the latest series)

Since the support at Sony UK( Since this is an product manufactured by Sony's UK department), wasn't helpful( coudn't manage to tix an simpel technical issue).
So as if I would describe it is on the level of making a fool of me- instead of being competent and realize that it's an technical issue with the firmware rather than how I connect external sources.

So I wonder if there is someone who know how I can fix this by myself.
But however this maybe in theoretical way be simpel,but it seems that the firmware itself is unique/ custom made for CPU.
So it seems that it requires some skills to perform it.

But however I myself wonder if it's possibel to convert my stock tv into an more smarter unit.
Since I know that it's possibel to run an Webb browser( since it was pre-"loaded with OperaTv)- or to convert it to an stream cast ( IPTV)..
But however since this is primary an Tv- how to get the source code? ( on wich Linux version?)

Because however technicaly the LCD Screen is build for an technicaly lifespan of min 10 years.
So this mean that I had used less than 1/3 of the lifespan. And to buy new devices every year( or second), just because of an failed CPU/ MB, is both economical but aswell an enviromental issue.

Compared this to my nearly 20 years.old LCD ( Wich is an Samsung= Philips Made in Korea).
The only problem is that It doesn't have an digital decoder. But however I can attach external sources/ box.

convert my stock tv into an more smarter unit.
Not impossible but by the time you purchase the upgraded circuit boards you would be best to to buy an upgraded TV with what you want on it
Compared this to my nearly 20 years.old LCD ( Wich is an Samsung= Philips Made in Korea).
The only problem is that It doesn't have an digital decoder.
By this do you mean an Analog to Digital signal convertor? https://www.amazon.com/analog-to-digital-dtv-converters/b?node=979935011

Members online