(Solved) Parrot Home VM is losing Python pip packages every time I reboot it

Freepoorman

Reaction score
Credits
When I boot into Parrot Home Edition 5.3 on virtual machine via VirtualBox on Windows 11 host all my pip packages in python are gone..
I am running python3.9.
I recently installed kivy and buildozer pip packages and verified they were installed, but after rebooting my VM they're gone.
My computer is offline right now.
I read I could solve this by creating a virtual environment in python where I can install my pip packages. To do this I ran the
Code:
python -m venv venv
command, but I get an error:
The virtual environment was not created successfully because ensurepip is not available. On Debian/Ubuntu systems, you need to install python3-venv package using the following command.
Code:
apt install python3.11-venv
You may need to use sudo with that command. After installing the python3-venv package, recreate your virtual environment.

I have a few concerns:
1. I would like to sort this out all in one go whe I am connected to a free internet source again.
2. I have tried to upgrade python and it refuses, saying 3.9 is the latest. Will the
Code:
python3.11-venv
code cause compatibility issues? Maybe someone can give me a reliable command to use to try upgrade to 3.11?
3. After I install the python3-venv package will it disappear along with my virtual environment that I install my pip packages in next time I reboot? - files in my VM Linux environment have not been affected so far.

Attachments

• 17103078310283919076510730954922.jpg
    17103078310283919076510730954922.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 235
Last edited:

Code:
sudo apt install python3.9-venv

Is this the simple solution to all my problems?

Nevermind. I rechecked and somehow my version of python is now 3.11.2...

wtf? I tried for days to update it to no avail and then it does it by itself somehow while I was installing pip packages? Strange.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts