[SOLVED] Increase volume over 100 % in celluloid

Adithyansm

Reaction score
Credits
Hello every, wishing you all a great day :)
Since my VLC is not working as expected I ditched VLC and started to use celluloid but I noticed I can only increase the volume up to 100% because in VLC we can increase it up to 200%
I was wondering if we can bring this feature in celluloid it would be a great help
If you guys know of any solution please comment

In Linux mint 20.3, Cinnamon...... Sound 150% Applet

No idea if it is available in Linux Lite

1646473144291.png

I obviously have sound 150% Applet installed.

I use the scroll button to increase volume on VLC...all the way up to 200%

I then open my musis player (deadbeef) and its volume is not affected by that at all....and is controlable in the usual manner, via the slide control on the app's ui or via the volume key on my keyboard.

Same goes for youtube

Last edited:
I obviously have sound 150% Applet installed.

I use the scroll button to increase volume on vls...all the way up to 200%

I then open my musis player (deadbeef) and its volume is not affected by that at all....and is controlable in the usual manner, via the slide control on the app's ui or via the volume key on my keyboard.

Same goes for youtube
I don't want to increase the system volume. I want to keep the system volume to 50 % and to increase the volume inside the player and that will not affect the system volume.
Hope you are understanding :confused:

That is exactly what I just did....and explained to you above.
Note my typo.....not vls....it should read VLC

That is exactly what I just did....and explained to you above.
Note my typo.....not vls....it should read VLC
But i don't use vlc now i want it in the celluloid player

I want celluloid player to have the ability to increase the volume up to 200%

that applet increses VLC to 200%...despite its name

If you are so opposed to trying it, just say so and move on.

Good Luck.

It is possible for any application, see screenshot.
2022-03-05_11_57_25.png

Last edited:
I don't want to do anything in the system. I want that functionality inside the application like editing a config file. As celluloid Is based on MPV right and I guess MPV is highly configurable right?

No worries, I have done it myself
1. create a file name mpv.conf
2. edit the file with a text editor
3. Add these lines to it
Code:
volume=100
volume-max=200
4. Save the file
5. Now create a folder named "mpv" in your desired destination and move the "mpv.conf" file to "mpv" folder
6. Open celluloid, preferences, config files, load mpv configuration. then add the previously created "mpv.conf" to it
7. Restart celluloid

Boom Mission accomplished ;)

I don't want to do anything in the system. I want that functionality inside the application like editing a config file. As celluloid Is based on MPV right and I guess MPV is highly configurable right?
What they were explaining to you would increase the application volume itself without increasing your systems volume overall.

What they were explaining to you would increase the application volume itself without increasing your systems volume overall.
I understand but that's not what I want.
3. Add these lines to it
Code:
volume=100
volume-max=200
4. Save the file
5. Now create a folder named "mpv" in your desired destination and move the "mpv.conf" file to "mpv" folder
6. Open celluloid, preferences, config files, load mpv configuration. then add the previously created "mpv.conf" to it
7. Restart celluloid

I have solved it myself

Are you going to do the same for all the other 5,10... applications on your system that use sound?

3. Add these lines to it
Code:
volume=100
volume-max=200
4. Save the file
7. Restart celluloid

That's what a sound system/server is for, which is managing the volume/sound per application and the system sound from one location, without having to do it separately for each application as you have done now for the settings of one application.

Why make something complicated when there is any easy solution?

Are you going to do the same for all the other 5,10... applications on your system that use sound?

That's what a sound system/server is for, which is managing the volume/sound per application and the system sound from one location, without having to do it separately for each application as you have done now for the settings of one application.

Why make something complicated when there is any easy solution?
I don't want all applications to behave like that. I just want celluloid to behave like that

Then you need to contact celluloid's author and make a suggestion.

Wizard

Members online

Latest posts