puma not installed

D

Desenski

So I have installed Arch several times, and each time I did I had an application called puma that I could use as a GUI text editor. But this time, it is not there. And from what I can see it's only on the AUR. Which I really don't know how to do (i'm a linux newbie. And please don't tell me to not use Arch, I already know it's a difficult one to learn). I have looked at the AUR section on the Arch wiki, but it honestly doesn't make sense. Step 1 is to get the tarbell. And that's when I get lost. I just want a GUI text editor like puma. Gedit doesn't start unless run from the terminal, and I don't like how it works.

Mmm maybe Pluma? It is the same as gedit but is written on GTK+2. They're identical. Pluma is a part of Mate, thus if you use GNOME, you may consider using gedit.

Mmm maybe Pluma? It is the same as gedit but is written on GTK+2. They're identical. Pluma is a part of Mate, thus if you use GNOME, you may consider using gedit.
Pluma looks like it was it, Although I was sure I was using it in xfce4. I will have to take another look at it. Thanks

PUMA is an HTML server. PLUMA is the text editor. Xfce uses leafpad as the default text editor now.

Staff online

Members online