Pin a LibreOffice doc for quick access? Cinnamon

UpNorth

Reaction score
Credits
I have Calc and Writer pinned to my panel. I want to be able to right-click on these icons and see some of my commonly used documents listed, so I can just open them from the panel. In Windows this was called Quick Access. Or at the very least, I'd like to see my recently opened documents listed there. Right now, all I see is Applet Preferences, New Document, and Unpin from Panel. This should be doable, right?

In the Menu at bottom left, where you get the list starting All Applications, Accessories, and so on, scroll down and look for Recent Files.

Wiz

I don't see any recent files listed in the menu. But what I'm referring to is the Calc and Writer icons pinned to my panel. I want to be able to open documents from there instead of opening up my documents folder.

Or at the very least, I'd like to see my recently opened documents listed there. Right now, all I see is Applet Preferences, New Document, and Unpin from Panel.
In Mint Cinnamon, there is a specific applet for Recent Documents...

1. Right-click on the panel and choose Applets

2. It opens in the "Manage" tab... scroll down and click on Recent Documents so it is highlighted.

3, Click on the + sign at the bottom to activate the applet.

It will appear as a small circle icon (with a checkmark inside) on the right side of the panel, in the system tray. If you don't want the icon in the systray, you can put the panel into Edit mode and drag the icon into your other "icon group" on the panel. The icon will be larger if you move it there.

The applet requires that the Privacy settings are enabled to "Remember recently accessed files."

That works a treat, @atanere

Thank you !

Members online