Mkinitcpio no mods available

Z

ZZs

@ryanvade
So I did a little test today to see if Arch's 3.18.2 kernel would work with my broadcom card. Well kernel panic happen so I delt with that, but before I rolled back I tried to fix a bad blacklist statement. So I removed the statement and recompiled with "mkinitcpio -p linux" then "Wam, Boom, Bam" fit hit the shan. No kernel mods were installed...

Yeah, I fixed it later chroot-arch and got busy (a couple times), but my question is WTF happen?

Why would "mkinitcpio -p linux" not install any mods. Yea, I fixed it in no time but I dont get what happen. Anyone?

Ryan u will know probably if no else one does...

more then likely when you rolled back (both image and headers right?) dkms was never called. DKMS actually builds the modules while mkinitcpio creates the squashfs.

more then likely when you rolled back (both image and headers right?) dkms was never called. DKMS actually builds the modules while mkinitcpio creates the squashfs.

No. before I tried to roll back I tried to fix a blacklist USB. So I was in the new kernel and tried to fix the blacklist. Then mkinitcpio pounded me with errors when I tried "mkinitcpio -p linux". It was very trippy to me.

Then I had chroot-arch reload base. reboot Then I could chroot-arch reload the kernel. Many steps but i fixed it.

But why was no mods available the first time...????

No. before I tried to roll back I tried to fix a blacklist USB. So I was in the new kernel and tried to fix the blacklist. Then mkinitcpio pounded me with errors when I tried "mkinitcpio -p linux". It was very trippy to me.

Then I had chroot-arch reload base. reboot Then I could chroot-arch reload the kernel. Many steps but i fixed it.

But why was no mods available the first time...????
I just told you.

Members online