Installed programs have suddenly become blurry

chemical_freak

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,
A couple of days ago, I connected my laptop to the projector. After disconnecting, all of my installed Linux programs(not the inbuilt ones like calculator, but programs like chrome, vlc) become blurry. I do not know how to fix it. I used the mirror option in the display settings to connect with the projector. I again reset the resolution settings, but still I could not fix it. Please someone help me.
Thank You

For some reason when connecting your project the resolution probably got automatically adjusted to that of your projector. Just Go to your display settings and change the resolution back to what you had it before and then click apply.

For some reason when connecting your project the resolution probably got automatically adjusted to that of your projector. Just Go to your display settings and change the resolution back to what you had it before and then click apply.
Thanks. But I already reset my display to its original resolution. Still, I am unable to fix it!

What is your current resolution, can you open a terminal and run "xrandr"?

Screenshot from 2023-04-21 14-16-08.png

All of the inbuilt applications like the calculator, LibreOffice, calendar, etc are working properly. But the applications I installed manually, like vlc, avogadro, gabedit, gimp are too blurry!

Maybe something having to do with Wayland/Xwayland, what happens when you switch to Xorg?

nvm, can you share a screenshot of what you mean when you say those applications look blurry?

nvm, can you share a screenshot of what you mean when you say those applications look blurry?
Previously, this program looks clear(fonts were sharp). Now this has become blurry and graphics is poor. Everything happened after connecting with a projector.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-04-21 19-35-36.png
    Screenshot from 2023-04-21 19-35-36.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 164
That doesn't look blurry to me. As a test can you try creating a new user account and logging in as that user to see if you still have the same problem then?

That doesn't look blurry to me.

It looks "anti-aliased" to me. I've gotten used to it over the last 20 years, but the first time I saw
it, it looked blurry to me. :)

anti-aliased text is so common now, I don't think about it.

xrandr is showing 1600 x 1000 (16:10) resolution, but 16:9 is much more common for computers. I would at least try changing to 1600 x 900 to see if that helps. The difference will be very slight, but so is the "blurriness" (or anti-aliasing) that the OP is seeing.

Members online