I want to start using linux, but I don't know if I can

j0ao

Reaction score
Credits
i am new on this forum, and sorry about my rust english, so, i want to start using but I don't know if my computer can handle the operational system.
my pc is very weak this is my configuration
  • processdor; intel(R) celeron(R) 1.10GHz
  • ram 2gb
Also, i have a digital tablet that that i use to make drawings and i want to know if linux have any support for this device, in wacom site don't disponibilize the plugin to linux (only for windows and Mac).
one more point, i am at college and i need to keep some apps, like an nice pdf reader, text editor like microsoft word (or similar)
thank you all for the patience

Linux does have Wacom drivers available, but it may depend on what Linux distro you are using.

Is your digital tablet a device that can be attached to a PC, or is it a separate unit with it's own OS (Android, IOS, etc.)?

In addition to my current laptop, I have a Samsung tablet (Android OS), that works quite well with a Bluetooth keyboard and has lots of free options for PDF docs and word processing apps.

Linux does have Wacom drivers available, but it may depend on what Linux distro you are using.

Is your digital tablet a device that can be attached to a PC, or is it a separate unit with it's own OS (Android, IOS, etc.)?

In addition to my current laptop, I have a Samsung tablet (Android OS), that works quite well with a Bluetooth keyboard and has lots of free options for PDF docs and word processing apps.

yea it can be attached on PC and isn't a separate unit
i didn't know that have driver to wacom, is really good news to me. Can you show me?

What distro do you have? Chances are you can find it in your distro's software center and repo list.

What distro do you have? Chances are you can find it in your distro's software center and repo list.
i didn't installed or search any linux version to my computer because i don't know if will have any dual core compatibility issues, because my pc is celeron, (my brother told me that would be a problem)

Yes, your CPU is very likely 32 bit, which limits your distro choices these days, but there are some very good distros that still support 32 bit CPUs. I would go to distrowatch.com and search on their site for a list of 32 bit distros. I have a Toshiba laptop, with similar specs to your machine - I don't use it much these days, but I did find several Linux distros that work with i686 distros.

Yes, your CPU is very likely 32 bit, which limits your distro choices these days, but there are some very good distros that still support 32 bit CPUs. I would go to distrowatch.com and search on their site for a list of 32 bit distros. I have a Toshiba laptop, with similar specs to your machine - I don't use it much these days, but I did find several Linux distros that work with i686 distros.
my processor is 64bits but i use 32bits windows cus i am was very busy and i didnt have time to update o something like that, just saying. but thank you for the link

I also want to use Linux, but I don't know about the configuration of system, which is needed for using it.

Staff online

Latest posts