Help choosing an installation--so many choices!

The screen where you describe it as

The left edge is cut off. I've just been doing nothing here and then it launches Mint.

OK, I hit Home and Enter at the grub screen, but nothing happened and it continued to launch Mint.

So here is what's happening:
I turn on the computer.
I watch for the Lenovo logo. If I do nothing here, it launches into Windows like before.
At the logo I hit F12. It brings up the blue screen I posted in #36. I choose the first ubuntu listed (still wondering why there's 2).
I see the distorted grub screen for a few seconds and just wait it out.
Mint launches.

I don't know if I skipped a step in the installation (like I said, I was just clicking 'continue' through many of the prompts), or the dual boot is complicating things. I've mulled this over and have decided to reinstall Mint - fully, with no Windows, and just eliminate the whole dual boot complication. There's nothing in Windows I really need. All my important stuff is saved to disk. I hate Windows. I'd rather start fresh with Linux and figure things out as I go.

So that's the plan for NYE! Thanks all for your help and patience. I've learned a lot so far. I promise to be back later with a whole new set of questions :p

Hi. I'm a disgruntled Windows user and not real computer savvy. I've been procrastinating on switching to Linux for years, but overwhelmed by all the info and not knowing where to start.
Yeah it's easy to get overwhelmed by information with artificial intelligence and the internet. The self-deprecating acronym (K.I.S.S.) has been helpful for me!

Members online