GNU Radio Companion

V

VP9KS

All,
Is there anyone out there who has used the GNU Radio Companion? It is in the Mint Cinnamon Synaptic Package Manager as GRC. My research says that it will allow one to define the blocks & connections for a Software Defined Radio, then it will write the software for control of said radio.:):):cool: The package does not seem to come with any directions, however, so I am stumbling around in the dark without a torch. :eek::eek: HMMMMM! I'm thinking that with time, I can Re-invent the wheel, but if someone already has, please let me know.:D

Ciao for now
Paul

All,
Is there anyone out there who has used the GNU Radio Companion? It is in the Mint Cinnamon Synaptic Package Manager as GRC. My research says that it will allow one to define the blocks & connections for a Software Defined Radio, then it will write the software for control of said radio.:):):cool: The package does not seem to come with any directions, however, so I am stumbling around in the dark without a torch. :eek::eek: HMMMMM! I'm thinking that with time, I can Re-invent the wheel, but if someone already has, please let me know.:D

Ciao for now
Paul

I had never heard of that! I'm really slipping, I know. But I've never been one to be on the cutting edge of technology anyway. I probably still have some gear around here that has "valves" and "condensers" inside! :confused:o_O:D

Cheers!

I've never used GNU radio or GRC before, but a quick bit of duckduckgo-fu yielded a few tutorials, including a few .pdfs. Might be of some help to you.
I don't have time to check out and copy/paste all of the links, so here's the search URL I used instead:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=gnu+radio+companion
;)

I had never heard of that! I'm really slipping, I know. But I've never been one to be on the cutting edge of technology anyway. I probably still have some gear around here that has "valves" and "condensers" inside! :confused:o_O:D

Cheers!
Well, now that I have a few torches lighting up the cave, I am trying to come up with all the required circuitry to build my own version of a SDR xcvr. I figure about 100 watts on all the HF ands should be just about right. I looked at the current offerings, and just about choked at the prices. The bloody nerve, asking that much, and they are still full of bugs if the comments I have read online are any indication. Kinda like operating systems, if you want it done right, ya gotta do it yourself. So I have just over 2 years to come up with a design, and maybe implement it, before I retire. It may not be enough, and I may have to implement it after I retire!! Thanks to you, JasKinasis, for the first of the torches. Cheers mate!

Ciao for now
Paul

Ahhh, retirement... good luck! I've got a bit longer to go, but I'm getting mighty anxious! :cool::D

Ahhh, retirement... good luck! I've got a bit longer to go, but I'm getting mighty anxious! :cool::D
OH YEAH! I know the feeling! I am collecting information, and may have all the schematics that I need soon. Now to make up a parts list, and design the boards, etc.... Looks like I may be busy for a while.:):) I'm teaching a couple younglings a new robot this week. They seem to be absorbing everything, so far, but I will know more when I hit them with the dreaded "Bug Day". That is when I do diabolical things to it, and let them scratch their collective heads until they figure it out. What fun!!!:D:D

Members online