Forgot Bios Pwd. New M.2 SSD.

-jnhjnh517

Reaction score
Credits
Of course, I should've known it wouldn't detect it with my bios access. I thought maybe if I unplugged the old hard drive it might work, nope. So im on live environment right now. Linux is installed, already. I can't get windows 10 USB to boot, I believe it's in bios too. Gosh Darn eh. I have some idea of what my password is. Just cant get it. I even tried clr_cmos and battery for half hour, it reset everything to default, but the password. Anybody know how I can get into my bios or for the machine to detect the SSD? Please?

Thank you,
Julian H

G'day Julian, Welcome to Linux.org

I may or may not be much help here, however, this is a new drive, ...can you give us the make and model, please...of both the dive and in particular the PC

G'day Julian, Welcome to Linux.org

I may or may not be much help here, however, this is a new drive, ...can you give us the make and model, please...of both the dive and in particular the PC
PC is HP P7-1010, like (2011,-12). And the solid state drive is WD Black 2tb size 2280. 4th gen.

Can’t Enter BIOS, Stuck On American Megatrends. F1 Key Doesn’t Do Anything Either.​

renderTimingPixel.png

Solved
What it looks like If anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated! I’ve tried all my USB ports just in case if it was my keyboard, switched CMOS batteries, and must have unplugged everything a million times. Not sure what to do now.
(Edited) Just wanted to say thanks to all the people that helped out! Long story short I used an old ps/2 keyboard and it worked to get past post.

OR

Christophe Grenier’s CmosPwd

I'm one step closer. I did boot repair advanced settings, didnt work, so automatic, and the debian 6 mint shows up from the SSD but i get the same error.
thumbnail_Resized_20231103_074519_8509.jpg

Members online

Latest posts