Deleted primary partition...

D

Dersu

Good morning from Maracajau, RN, Brazil. less than a month ago, Microsoft's OS tired, I did a clean install of Linux Mint on my Acer Aspire 17.3.
Wonderful! A PC running smoothly!
4 days ago I left a pendrive 8GB to a friend Mac, and return it unusable, which I'm going to format, and mistakenly delete the first partition on the hard disk of the PC, I guess the boot, so I can not start, can not find bootable device.
With an ISO of ubuntu that had saved on a flash drive and placing the BIOS LEGACY I get internet access to inform me. I run Testdisk in the terminal, but informs me that there is some unrecoverable information. After two days of work, I start to get a little desperate, because as after a month with Linux still had not made a backup, I would like to retrieve the information that is in the big partition (almost 500 GB) and this intact according GParted graphics.
I actually think that if you could not reinstall the boot partition ... if there is a possibility to download it and re-install with the Ubuntu iso that I am using via USB, for example.
I would appreciate any information and help about it!

Hello Dersu, I can see that you are in a very real desperating situation, and not trying to know everything about it, I´d like to help you.
First of all, you might have to retrieve your info in the hd, before you make your try to recover your installation from the disk... in the first "job" I recommend you to look for a live cd to run some brief system on your pc, like a mini windows xp, or some like gentoo linux cd, or maybe a live knoppix cd, and look for some unerase programme like lost ´n found , but don´t forget to run only a live cd, so you run in Ram, leaving the disk untouchable in the try... then for the second "job" you need to do, we have the possibility to run the disk utility that let you to recover the boot partition or directly to reinstall the entire system once you have your data all in secure position, maybe the best option you have to get the system running again in the same way you have installed first...
Hoping to be helpfull to you I wish you the best in this magnifitient job you have ahead!!!

Members online

No members online now.