chmod not working on ntfs file system

I promised myself I would never do this but I guess I must. Why do you want to do this? I don't like asking but if we know why you want such a strange set up we can help better or just tell you it is not a good idea and a reason. I can't imagine why you would need to restrict access to something that only you have physical access to. Most times it is more trouble than it is worth and often introduces issues all for something you may not need.
So explain why you need to do that and what your desired end result is.

Yes I know. The drive gets mounted properly, but the full access still remains (i.e. full green color). This is something I don't want, because I want to restrict my partition to me only and not to everyone. Ok, I am working on my own laptop alone, but I also don't want to let full access to the partition.
Perhaps the Access Control system could satisfy your interests. The relevant manpages are: acl, getfacl and setfacl. There'll be more explanatory information online about the usage of access controls than the man pages provide, but I can't say more.

I promised myself I would never do this but I guess I must. Why do you want to do this? I don't like asking but if we know why you want such a strange set up we can help better or just tell you it is not a good idea and a reason. I can't imagine why you would need to restrict access to something that only you have physical access to. Most times it is more trouble than it is worth and often introduces issues all for something you may not need.
So explain why you need to do that and what your desired end result is.
You're right the full access is a little bit annoying only and it's not something I should worry about, because you have full access via windows one way or another. So I leave it as it is. THX for the help!

Members online