CentOS Stream 9

Greenberry

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,
My x570 gaming X motherboards RTL8118 Ethernet connection dies when waking up from sleep mode, I have to reboot the computer to get the network back. Please help me as I am new to CentOS and there seems to be not much support for me on this Linux.

For starters switch to a Linux distribution that isn't meant for being run on servers, in your case I would switch to Fedora since you will have a more recent kernel meaning you will have more up-to-date drivers and you will also have more recent libraries. Which is to your advantage if you are wanting to run modern games, I'm not sure if you want to game but running a distribution meant for desktop use is also a better experience even when you are not gaming.

Last edited:
For starters switch to a Linux distribution that isn't meant for being run on servers, in your case I would switch to Fedora since you will have a more recent kernel meaning you will have more up-to-date drivers and you will also have more recent libraries. Which is to your advantage if you are wanting to run modern games, I'm not sure if you want to game but running a distribution meant for desktop use is also a better experience even when you are not gaming.
I did switch to fedora 38 WorkStation and I'm more satified with fedora

Members online

Latest posts