Best resource to get a good grip of DevOps for a sales person

rjalex

Reaction score
Credits
Hi there,
wife works in a sales role for a SW company that has a DevOps offering. What would you suggest she could read/look at to understand the skills, organizational, business insights of this? I would love her to be able to have enough insights to be able to properly select efficient prospects to call and show them their offering (with the help of a tech presales of course).

Thanks !

To help your wife understand the skills, organizational aspects, and business insights related to DevOps:
  • She should get general overview of current tech and tools used and why they are used
  • Talk to your DevOps team in your organisation to understand what they are offering, their strengths and trends

She can go through some general DevOps articles available on Internet, join devops communities or even go through my blog:p. Since she is working in sales department, she does not need to go into technical depth but should understand why their client needs DevOps. Some of the common reasons are:

1. Faster and Better Software Delivery: DevOps helps teams deliver software more quickly and efficiently. This means that new features and updates can be rolled out to customers faster, keeping them happy and engaged.
  2. Improved Collaboration: DevOps encourages developers and operations teams to work closely together. This leads to a better understanding of each other's needs and challenges, resulting in smoother project execution.
  3. Automation: DevOps emphasizes automation of manual tasks in the software development process. This reduces human error and frees up time for teams to focus on more valuable, strategic work.
  4. Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): This is a key aspect of DevOps. It's a set of practices that automate the process of testing and deploying code changes. This leads to a more stable and reliable software delivery pipeline.
  5. Monitoring and Feedback: DevOps also involves continuous monitoring of applications and infrastructure. This helps identify and address issues quickly, ensuring a high level of reliability and performance.
  6. Scalability and Flexibility: DevOps practices enable systems to scale seamlessly, adapting to changes in demand. This is crucial for businesses that experience fluctuating levels of user activity.
  7. Customer-Centric Approach: DevOps ultimately benefits the end-users. It ensures that they receive high-quality software with minimal downtime or disruptions.
  8. Competitive Advantage: Adopting DevOps practices can give a company a competitive edge in the market. Faster delivery and higher-quality software can set a company apart from its competitors.

Hope this helps. I have never worked with sales team so i am not sure if this will help 100% but this should help with getting started.

To help your wife understand the skills, organizational aspects, and business insights related to DevOps:
  • She should get general overview of current tech and tools used and why they are used
  • Talk to your DevOps team in your organisation to understand what they are offering, their strengths and trends

She can go through some general DevOps articles available on Internet, join devops communities or even go through my blog:p. Since she is working in sales department, she does not need to go into technical depth but should understand why their client needs DevOps. Some of the common reasons are:

1. Faster and Better Software Delivery: DevOps helps teams deliver software more quickly and efficiently. This means that new features and updates can be rolled out to customers faster, keeping them happy and engaged.
  2. Improved Collaboration: DevOps encourages developers and operations teams to work closely together. This leads to a better understanding of each other's needs and challenges, resulting in smoother project execution.
  3. Automation: DevOps emphasizes automation of manual tasks in the software development process. This reduces human error and frees up time for teams to focus on more valuable, strategic work.
  4. Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): This is a key aspect of DevOps. It's a set of practices that automate the process of testing and deploying code changes. This leads to a more stable and reliable software delivery pipeline.
  5. Monitoring and Feedback: DevOps also involves continuous monitoring of applications and infrastructure. This helps identify and address issues quickly, ensuring a high level of reliability and performance.
  6. Scalability and Flexibility: DevOps practices enable systems to scale seamlessly, adapting to changes in demand. This is crucial for businesses that experience fluctuating levels of user activity.
  7. Customer-Centric Approach: DevOps ultimately benefits the end-users. It ensures that they receive high-quality software with minimal downtime or disruptions.
  8. Competitive Advantage: Adopting DevOps practices can give a company a competitive edge in the market. Faster delivery and higher-quality software can set a company apart from its competitors.

Hope this helps. I have never worked with sales team so i am not sure if this will help 100% but this should help with getting started.
Thanks a lot !!!!

Members online

No members online now.