AVLinux 2019 sound issues

bardkin

Reaction score
Credits
if you are not familiar, then there is a quick guide here: http://bandshed.net/pdf/AVL2020UserManual.pdf

So its been several years since i had to install and things are a bit different with this new install from what i remember.. I cant get my sound working. My old computer motherboard died so I built a brand new system, detailed below. For AVLinux, I need to use qjactl (jack) which seemingly works fine. but Pulse Audio wont connect. just hangs there "Establishing connection to PulseAudio. Please wait". I have run the installer a few times making changes here and there that didn't pan out. I have looked through the kernel drivers and it has several of the audio drivers listed as up and running. at the moment that's all I know to say. Please help!

Please note that I am running AVLinux because Ive used it for years and donated a bunch of money already. I really don't want to change.I run a windows boot out of necessity for my work outside my studio. My linux install is a non UEFI install. (if it weren't for 2 applications, Id never use windows again!)

My system is brand new-
MSI B350M Pro VDH motherboard
AMD A-10 9700 3.5 GHz(6 gfx cores, 4 compute cores)
16GB ram
Sata 2 is a windows drive
Sata 3 is my linux drive

I'll be watching this thread as closely as I can, if someone needs an output file I may take a bit to get it as I would have to reboot at a convenient time (I'm working from home..)

Thanks!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts