What's the task?
If it's something simple, write a script using any scripting language. Make the file executable and put it somewhere suitable like /usr/local/bin/ and other users on your system will be able to use it.

If it’s something more complex, intensive, or performance-critical - use a compiled language like C,C++, or assembly and create an executable. Once again - copy the executable into somewhere like /usr/local/bin/ so users on your system can use it.

I want ot create cmd like wget , git clone
Just for learning
The linux/unix philosophy has been to make sure programs do a job, and do it very well. No need to make wget or git clone. Just use them and learn and understand how those commands work, learn more about the commands then if you get to a place where you realise theres something you want to do but no command for it then you can play and experiment with using alias's, piping commands, rdirection and writing some scripts. Try learn which commands exist and what they do then you will get a feel for how the commands work.

wget and git are both applications that are written in C.

Do you know any programming/scripting languages?

If not - then I'd recommend choosing a programming language to learn. And then learn it. And I mean properly learn it.

Following a book, or tutorial series - You'll probably be writing programs within a few hours. And starting to write your own programs in a few days. But true mastery of any programming language takes at least a few years. And there are no shortcuts!

Staff online

Members online