Troubleshooting tool security - BrosTrend wifi adapter

Kitani

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
I'm fairly new to linux and don't know much about network security.

I bought a wifi adapter trying to improve my raspberry pi 3B+ wifi signal and ran into some troubles.
I contacted BrosTrend to help me fix the issues and they asked me to run their troubleshooting procedure and send them a troubleshoot.txt file generated by this procedure.
However looking into the troubleshoot.txt file it seems there are a lot of information about my network and I am wondering if there's potentiel security concerns about that.

If anyone with knowledge in networking security would be willing to have a look, that would be very appreciated.

This is the install link for their hardware:

This is the troubleshooting link, with the procedure that will generate the troubleshoot.txt:

Thanks, cheers!

However looking into the troubleshoot.txt file it seems there are a lot of information about my network and I am wondering if there's potentiel security concerns about that.
Generally there is going to be quite a bit of info about your network on these types of files - (minus passwords) which is the important part -
Maybe you could describe some of your issues you are having so we can hopefully help you - also need your OS name and the output of inxi -N

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know what someone can do with my network information even without the password. It's the reason why I was looking for someone who can take a look at that txt. In fact whatever they might ask me to do to make their hardware working, I think it's safe to stay prudent.

As for the issues I have with the wifi adapter, It would not be on topic for this section of the forum so I'll keep it brief and would rather not make it the focus of the thread. Basically I see no change in signal strength with or without the adapter, even though the installation process went without any problem.

The OS is Raspberry Pi OS (32) Lite

nmcli dev wifi returns:
Error: NetworkManager is not running.