Solved linux.org forum mails seems to be delivered with a delay

Solved issue

Also seeing that msg in sendgrid logs and that it was delivered to your email provider.
@Condobloke Check in the spam folder, just so that can be ruled out.

I am receiving the notifications re your message above.....but no email

I am receiving emails re pm's....but no others

Those emails are almost instantaneous

I receive my emails in Thunderbird, via gmail....nothing in junk or spam

I will check the webmail address for gmail

I'm seeing in the server logs that you were sent a notification email from a conversation here on the forum from 5 mins ago.
@Rob Do the mails being sent have the new DMARC requirements as that are now being applied by Gmail and Yahoo mailservers?
It would probably be helpful if others using Gmail verifiied if they are or aren't receiving the notification emails.

I am receiving the notifications re your message above.....but no email

I am receiving emails re pm's....but no others

Those emails are almost instantaneous

I receive my emails in Thunderbird, via gmail....nothing in junk or spam

I will check the webmail address for gmail
Can you double check your prefs and make sure that the right boxes are checked:

exactly the same as my inbox

1708628716812.png

1708628811753.png

@Rob Do the mails being sent have the new DMARC requirements as that are now being applied on Gmail and Yahoo?
It would probably be helpful if others using Gmail verifiied if they are or aren't receiving the notification emails.
Yeah, i'm using gmail and receiving notifications ok. Also, I believe i'd see the bounce in sendgrid logs if the receiving provider didn't trust the flags.

1708628871492.png

Yes...definitely

1708629074596.png

Ok .. so because you had the 'and receive email notifications' unchecked originally in prefs, i'm thinking it'd just notify you with forum notifications and not email on content that you interacted with but didn't start.

If you click unwatch above to unwatch, then click 'watch' it'll ask if you want email notifications .. say yes.. then let's see if that resets this particular thread for you.

done

1708629365481.png

Yes !!

Received email 1 minute ago.....

1708629526401.png

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts