format of authorized_keys on RHEL 8.9

nagesh_bala

Reaction score
Credits
I recently upgraded my RHEL OS from 7.9 to 8.9. On 7, the authorized_keys had this format where the prefix to the keys started with "from="<server>" ssh-rsa....". This seems to be not working when I moved to RHEL 8.
Would like to know if there is a change in format for authorized_keys between RHEL 7 and 8.

I recently upgraded my RHEL OS from 7.9 to 8.9. On 7, the authorized_keys had this format where the prefix to the keys started with "from="<server>" ssh-rsa....". This seems to be not working when I moved to RHEL 8.
Would like to know if there is a change in format for authorized_keys between RHEL 7 and 8.
Just to let you know the EOL for 8.9 is 31May2024

Also are there any errors - try ssh -V

To install public key into remote RHEL 8 server using:
ssh-copy-id user@remote-RHEL8-server-ip

You would be missing a matching pair of double quotes, I would expect that to look like this.
Code:
"from="<server>" "ssh-rsa...."
I tried that on RHEL8 but that doesn't work, what does work is leaving out the second pair of quotes so like this.
Code:
"from="<server>" ssh-rsa....

Members online

Latest posts