Can't detect my nvme SSD on Linux mint edge boot usb

Excellent news, at least you have a working environment for both now, until you can get Mint onboard in a couple of months.

My advice would be for you to follow up with the Timeshift process first, but I will tell you how to put Cinnamon on your Ubuntu install so you can follow through with that when you choose (always best to be fresh with a lot of these processes, too).

All it takes is

Code:
sudo apt install cinnamon

When completed, reboot.

When you boot to Ubuntu, at the login screen, there will be an icon of a gear or cog near bottom right of screen, probably.

If so, click it and you will see a choice that includes just the word

Cinnamon

Click that either before or after you have typed your password but before you press Enter.

You should launch into a session of Cinnamon.

That process with the cog choice is a Toggle switch, that means that the following time that you reboot it will launch into Cinnamon, and will keep doing so until or unless you change it back to Ubuntu's default.

I'll provide more info tomorrow, but have to sign off soon to get tea ready before Farmer Wants A Wife.

Cheers

Wiz

Excellent news, at least you have a working environment for both now, until you can get Mint onboard in a couple of months.

My advice would be for you to follow up with the Timeshift process first, but I will tell you how to put Cinnamon on your Ubuntu install so you can follow through with that when you choose (always best to be fresh with a lot of these processes, too).

All it takes is

Code:
sudo apt install cinnamon

When completed, reboot.

When you boot to Ubuntu, at the login screen, there will be an icon of a gear or cog near bottom right of screen, probably.

If so, click it and you will see a choice that includes just the word

Cinnamon

Click that either before or after you have typed your password but before you press Enter.

You should launch into a session of Cinnamon.

That process with the cog choice is a Toggle switch, that means that the following time that you reboot it will launch into Cinnamon, and will keep doing so until or unless you change it back to Ubuntu's default.

I'll provide more info tomorrow, but have to sign off soon to get tea ready before Farmer Wants A Wife.

Cheers

Wiz
got cinnamon running and looking good! thank you so much for all the help.. atleast i have linuc running and this will give me a chance to see what apps i like and want to use when i get mint going.. does this mean mint will work eventually?

does this mean mint will work eventually?
Is your sound working?
is your Graphics working?
Is your Wi-DFi working?
if yes to all, then you're well on the way

but seems to be all working
just remember if it was built for win 8.1 or higher, turn off Windows quick-start [fast boot] ..usually found in the BIOS/UEFI under power settings. And Windows secure boot, ..usually found in the BIOS/UEFI under the security settings.

.. does this mean mint will work eventually?

I would expect so.

If this was all kernel-related - My Ubuntu Cinnamon is running version 6.8.0-31 and yours likely is too.

When LM 22 is released, it will likely start from there, or something in the 6.8's, and be upgraded periodically.

We won't know for sure until that time.

Latest posts