Tuxedo OS 3 - KDE 6

kc1di

Reaction score
Credits
For those that would like to try KDE 6 you may want to give Tuxedo OS a spin. I've been testing it and so far It very good.
Built on a base of Ubuntu 22.04 You can choose either wayland or X11 and every on my Lenovo t450 worked out of the box.
Only hipcup was that the default setting for when the laptop lid is closed was shutdown Change that and your in business.
Enjoy!

Someone asked me off forum what about tuxedo i liked.
1. It's built on a solid base
2. No snaps by default.
3. Runs good on my hardware.
4. Latest KDE/plasma 6 DE
5. Easy to switch between wayland and x11
Don't likes
1. No user forum for it.

Last edited:
I see on Tuxedo OS website it says -

We might not be able to answer questions about third party hardware or software. For questions about popular open source software (Thunderbird, Filezilla...) please contact a forum e.g. ubuntuforums.org. The research effort for application specific setup is immense and not manageable at the current time. Basic compatibility questions e.g. are of course still welcome!

I am going to check it out as well - the only thing is that is weighs in at 3.5GBs kind of large

I see on Tuxedo OS website it says -

We might not be able to answer questions about third party hardware or software. For questions about popular open source software (Thunderbird, Filezilla...) please contact a forum e.g. ubuntuforums.org. The research effort for application specific setup is immense and not manageable at the current time. Basic compatibility questions e.g. are of course still welcome!

I am going to check it out as well - the only thing is that is weighs in at 3.5GBs kind of large
Let us know what you think after trying , Thanks.

Members online