Urgent & Important :

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits

Global dengue fever outbreaks​

Dengue fever outbreaks are happening globally. A higher-than-usual number of cases are being reported in:

• Africa
  • Asia
  • Central and South America
  • the Pacific.
This includes places popular with Australians, such as:

• Indonesia, including Bali
  • Malaysia
  • Singapore
  • Peru.
See a list of countries where dengue is a risk.

It's been around for a long time...carried by mosquitoes but isn't where I am. Since it's nearly Winter no mozzies either.

1716179155682.gif

If you're in a high risk area this might be helpful. I rarely get bit by mosquitos anymore. I noticed this when I quit, or mostly quit eating sugar and starchy foods. I was curious to know why. Mosquitos are attracted, or find us by the carbon dioxide we emit. Eating foods and beverages with high sugar and starch content increases the amount of carbon dioxide we emit. Less carbon dioxide, less attractive to mosquitos.

I actually can't even remember the last time I was bit by one. Yesterday I was standing outside with some friends. They were being attacked. I didn't get bit once. Of course now that I'm sharing this I'll probably be covered in itchy welts the next time I go outside.

It's certainly a concern, and thanks, Brian - but not Linux related.

I'm moving this to Off Topic, where the Covid one is.

Wiz

It's certainly a concern, and thanks, Brian - but not Linux related.

I'm moving this to Off Topic, where the Covid one is.

Wiz

Given that it was Brian, I would assume it was an over site.

Definitely not an oversight on my part......I quite deliberately put it there to garner a bit of attention, before it was sent to where it actually belongs.

They get the attention in Off Topic right from the start, look at Covid Corner thread, 485 replies and 87.000 plus views.

Save me the legwork next time?

It seemed like a really good idea at the time !!

I drink beer and hard drink and eat fish and lemon so I'm immune to such things.

On 1st May you guys need to gather spruce tops which is a cure against covid and in general for lungs illnesses and then prepare the cure.
I used that to defend against corona and it worked.

I was a land surveyor for over 15 years. Garlic was my remedy for keeping the skeeters away. I would take a garlic supplement daily. Along with the normal intake of being married to an Italian. Man! I don't miss her. But I do miss the food!