Looking For A New Laptop! Recommendations?

I got a refurbished XPS for around $1000 from Bestbuy. It doesn't solve the fact that I am likely going to have the same worries in 3 to 5 years, but I couldn't warrant the price of the other options. I was getting into the $2500 range, and yes they are upgradeable, but I have pretty basic needs. If I wasn't completely offended by how intrusive Mac, Google, and Microsoft are, I could be very happy with a $500 preloaded laptop.

This was the middle road for price vs value (to me) and I currently have no regrets.

My HP Laptop 15 is a great mid-range computer and has decent Linux support. The only issue I have is that the laptop keyboard takes at least 15 seconds to wake up after booting a common Linux distro, but I have no problems when using a wireless keyboard. It has an 11th-gen Intel i5 CPU and easily outperforms my 3rd-gen AMD Ryzen 5 computer.

Any good Dual OS ( Windows 11 / Any Linux Client) laptops out there ?
All I see are Windows 10 or below

Any good Dual OS ( Windows 11 / Any Linux Client)
It is doubtful you will find any decent windows laptops with a Linux duel boot already installed. As for what is available that will be down to your local markets, here in the UK we have a plethora of IT companies that re-furbish laptops and re-sell them? but they only clean install a licenced windows system

Any good Dual OS ( Windows 11 / Any Linux Client) laptops out there ?
All I see are Windows 10 or below
It is easy enough to install linux and dual boot. Tons on Youtube to walk you through it. If you get a Lenovo or Dell they offer support for linux and will help you with driver updates and any issues that might arise.

I dual booted for a while, but had no use for windows other than proprietary software and I opted not to use it rather than share hard drive space with windows.

Once you start using Linux regularly Windows becomes intolerable.

Currently have the worst laptop since ... a long time:
USB connection loss, bad cooling and bad CPU performace.
If you want that, get a Dell XPS
Now they have many, many versions, mine's a Euro spec, small sized
Dell on itself is great though, all works fine, except this laptop

Currently have the worst laptop since
Actually it's not a bad machine if used as intended [small lightweight portable] designed for basic everyday computing and aimed at students for school work.
Next up the line and significantly better [although still for basic home use] is the Inspiron,
although heavier, the latitude business machine [refurbished] is a better machine

Currently have the worst laptop since ... a long time:
USB connection loss, bad cooling and bad CPU performace.
If you want that, get a Dell XPS
Now they have many, many versions, mine's a Euro spec, small sized
Dell on itself is great though, all works fine, except this laptop
I have the xps 13 plus with touch screen. I have never had a MB failure in the first year (well ever) of owning a new machine. It does not speak well to the quality, but everything is made cheap these days. I do like the size, weight, and portability of it. Realistically at half the price it would be a great computer. At full price it is not worth it, and at the refurbished cost it is hard to swallow, but a pleasant user experience. Unfortunately no Dell support with refurbished and I did have driver issues.

Members online