bad gateway error 502

in all seriousness I have seen cloudflare do this to other sites but not as bad as what is happening here. I blame cloudflare.
I can't say where there issue arises, but the output on screen here is nearly always "Host error"
timeout.jpg

I bet this error has something to do with routing tables, especially if dynamic routing protocol is used, that is, without static routing tables.

I can't say where there issue arises, but the output on screen here is nearly always "Host error"
from Cloudfare

Important! Note that this error is not caused by any Cloudflare malfunctions. Furthermore, this issue can happen no matter if you use a premium or a free version.

IMO I think its just server load on the site, some 3 years ago at this time of the day we would have around 200/300 guest online, now the norm is in excess of 500 [current 669], the long downtimes we have suffered when under DDos in the past, the visitor numbers were over 1100 [I am told mainly atack bots]
A Ballance needs to be maintained between, Cost of running the site as efficiently as possible whilst maintaining Free Access,
yes I get annoyed with 521 & 522 errors but I consider it a fact of life [It can happen to any site] and an acceptable compromise

Members online