USB stick "Try it out" Install

T

Tunkmountainman

Hi everyone another newbie here but an eager one. I just installed Ubuntu on a stick drive and booted it up on my Windows 8 laptop. Thought I would give it a whirl for a bit. Worked really well in the virtual world but will it work equally well when I load it on the hard drive? So far I do not understand how to access any of my photos or files that I used while in windows or how to access the other programs already loaded. I'm thinking that after I do a dual booting senerio and load Ubuntu on the hard drive that everything will all be accessable...Am I correct? Any help would be really great....Dennis

hi dennis ,

Ubuntu will work fine . Dont worry i have been using ubuntu for very long tym . To access the photos you have to install the drive . it will not inherit the properties from basic configuration of windows 8 .

Please revert me in case of any doubts or querys .would be happy to help you out . :D

If you are new, I suggest Mint, not Ubuntu, but it is your choice. Ubuntu will probably run better on a hard drive than a USB stick. If you choose "Install Ubuntu alongside Windows" it should keep all your files and you can choose to use Ubuntu or Windows when you turn on your computer.

Members online