Linux doesn't recognize my laptop's touchpad and keyboard

Azirino

Reaction score
Credits
I try to boot the linux system on my laptop, and it does not recognize my laptop's touchpad and keyboard, it only recognized it once when I went to install another system not derived from ubuntu or debian, I tried to install arch linux and only mine the laptop's keyboard it only worked once (after booting archlinux again the keyboard didn't work anymore), I tried using the archinstall command and I couldn't, I tried installing archinstall and I couldn't either, I also tried installing the ubuntu, debian, slackware systems, but none of them recognized the touchpad and keyboard on my laptop, I don't believe it has the driver for my keyboard and touchpad because the laptop is old, it's an atom with 2gb of ram, what should I do to recognize the keyboard and touchpad on my laptop on Linux?

The netbook is model (NETBOOK WINBOOK NR23S CCE INFO)

Here is a set of 5 kernel options that worked on an old machine here in the past to get a keyboard recognised. They may or may not be useful, but since your post reminded me, here they are and were all used on one line at once:
Code:
atkbd.reset=1 i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset=1 i8042.nopnp=1 i8042.dumbkbd=1
You can add them at the grub menu. Mind the spaces. Instructions here if you need them:

If by chance you are dual booting, you would need to boot linux from a cold power cycle so that it gets control of the system. No guarantees of course. For the touchpad, I can't help, but searching online for relevant kernel options may be useful.

I have seen very small switches or buttons that disable the touchpad or keyboard, they are small and not easy to spot. Look to see if you have one and make sure it is on. Otherwise I noted the type of pc said "winbook" if this means the same as when there were "win printers" (that is a printer with minimal electronics and all processing normally done in the printer is done in the computer instead which required windows to do it) then I wonder if the same is the case with a "winbook" if it is then that will explain the problem in linux. It would mean the winbook is stuck on windows and may not take linux at all. I am assuming here that winbook means what I think it does, if not then ignore this.

Staff online

Members online