Internet on Linux Ubuntu

wolly

Reaction score
Credits
Hi I have a wifi router AC1200 and I would like to know if I can use it to install Ubuntu on my PC.Is it possible? In my router it says that it's only compatible with MACOS.
If not what can I do?

That ,if memory serves me, is a TPlink wireless router! Provided it is working, connected to the Internet. And powered up, there should not be a problem [however hard-wire from router to machine is better] the connection will depend on the wi-fi chip/dongle in use. At this stage I guess it will be a Realtek rtlr81** series for which you will indeed to download and install the correct drive , once you know the exact chipset number [and suffix] you will need either a teatherd mobile or hard-wire to router to install the drivers,

Hi I have a wifi router AC1200 and I would like to know if I can use it to install Ubuntu on my PC.Is it possible? In my router it says that it's only compatible with MACOS.
If not what can I do?
This is meaningless. A router works with anything that uses compatible communication protocols and since those are standardized it would not matter if you had a MAC, Windows, Linux or Carrier pigeons (assuming they knew tcp/ip).

Your router is fine you just had marketing people write up the papers and box and they knew nothing.

Bottom line is your router is fine, no need to change

@Brickwizard all that i Have îs the router i don't Have drivers for IT.
routers do not need drivers. they are a self contained component that you connect to.

DRIVERS ARE NOT NECESSARY FOR ANY ROUTER TO USE

all that i Have îs the router i don't Have drivers for IT.
Provided it is suitable for your isp and Unless someone has been inside the router and messed with the set-up, then as @APTI has said it will work fine you will only need drivers for your WI-fi dongle/onboard chipset, which as i have already said you May need another internet connection to download and install then

Members online