Difficulty Changing The Font Size in KDevelop on Slackware 15 Stable

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
Yesterday I changed the font twice and applied it. Clicked ok and for some reason changing the font hasn't worked.
The headings along the top of the app are way to small for me.
The KDE Doc's for KDevelop are blinding white and after a few moments it generates eye strain. If I continue to read it starts up a migraine.:(

Any ideas anyone?

Attachments

• KDevelop.png_001.png_001.png
    KDevelop.png_001.png_001.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 65

Yesterday I changed the font twice and applied it. Clicked ok and for some reason changing the font hasn't worked.
The headings along the top of the app are way to small for me.
The KDE Doc's for KDevelop are blinding white and after a few moments it generates eye strain. If I continue to read it starts up a migraine.:(

Any ideas anyone?
Firefox has a "global scaling factor" to adjust size expanded upon here:
It may or may not work. Mixed results here. Sounds like you want more than just firefox shown in the image though.

Sorry for the delay.
Lot's of fires to put out lately.

Adjusting the font in in FF was effective however, only for the tabs in the browser.

Sometime last year I added an environment variable to the xinitric config to pull in all of my KDE app's and their settings into my XFCE DE. Doing so brought in the dark theme from KDE..and it's why @JasKinasis fix worked!

I wonder if this is more of a KDE config fix?
What's your take osprey?

Attachments

• Edit xinitrc.png
    Edit xinitrc.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 42
I haven't forgotten about this thread. I plan to deal with this today if all goes well.

KDE fonts are configured in system settings program, if you're using XFCE I don't know what relationship if any is there.
But I set my fonts in KDE's system settings and it works for entire desktop and all programs just fine.

KDE fonts are configured in system settings program, if you're using XFCE I don't know what relationship if any is there.
But I set my fonts in KDE's system settings and it works for entire desktop and all programs just fine.
Thanks for chiming in-

I applied the DejaVu Sans font and now the font is better in FF.
The font in my KDE Programs is still too small for me to see and I'm not understanding what I'm missing.
See the screenshot of "Kalzium" and look in the upper left hand corner. You'll see what I mean.

However, other issue's have risen.

Under KDE Plasma X11 the DE crashes if I try to change or set a new wallpaper. Same deal under Plasma Fail Safe Mode.

I don't have an account with KDE and would have to set that up to report it.
Didn't think trying to change fonts could be so confusing.

Attachments

• KDE Settings.png
    KDE Settings.png
    142 KB · Views: 12
  • KDE Fonts.png
    KDE Fonts.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Kalzium.png
    Kalzium.png
    149 KB · Views: 14
I'm not sure but I think your 1st screenshot shouldn't be used at all to configure fonts.

I'm configuring them all here as follows:

fonts.png

I'm not sure but I think your 1st screenshot shouldn't be used at all to configure fonts.

I'm configuring them all here as follows:

View attachment 20218
Ok, yeah, that's where I just recently adjusted my fonts.

The KDE DE keeps crashing but not under XFCE.
I'll have to search for the KDE doc's online as the manual on this system is blinding white and difficult for me to read.
Screenshot of Plasma version and framework attached-

What version of Plasma are you running?

Attachments

• Framework.png
    Framework.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
KDEvelop fonts are modified in System settings. All font size and font type for window name.
I am on Slackware-current so this may be different but changing font type and size is really easy and works including KDEvelop

KDEvelop fonts are modified in System settings. All font size and font type for window name.
I am on Slackware-current so this may be different but changing font type and size is really easy and works including KDEvelop
As long as the Plasma X11 DE continues to crash I can't really use it.
Current may be different from stable you're right.

A couple of questions Aristarchus:-
  • Could Plasma be downloaded from src, built and compiled and then installed?
  • Can pkg's from Slackware-current be used but downgraded for use on Slackware 15 stable?
And, would it just be a much easier practice to just perform a fresh installation at this point?

Members online