zsh: permission denied

monsterwolf00

Reaction score
Credits
I have root access but when I try to run ./ipsweeper.sh .It shows zsh: permission denied ... I tried different thing but I can't get it to work. Please tell me how to fix it.

from shell window(terminal ) cd to directory where ipsweeper.sh is and give us please output of :
Code:
prompt-$  ls -l

actually we don't want to see all your stuff make it :

Code:
pronpt-$  ls -l ipsweeper.sh

also so as we ca ncompare can you share output of :

Code:
prompt-$  whoami

lastly if you give us the link to download ipsweeper.sh somebody might have time to try it and see if they can get it to work is it this one ?

Code:
#!/bin/bash

if [ "$1" == "" ]
then
        echo "You forgot an IP adress!"
        echo "Syntax: ./ipsweep.sh xxx.xxx.x"

else
        for ip in `seq 1 254`; do
        ping -c 1 $1.$ip | grep "64 bytes" | cut -d " " -f 4 | tr -d ":" &
        done
fi
if so works for me
Are you on Arch derivative or Kali- i think they just made defualt shell zsh

Code:
andrew@darkstar:~/Desktop]$ sudo chmod a+x ipsweeper.sh                        (07-09 11:14)

[sudo] password for andrew: 
[andrew@darkstar:~/Desktop]$ ./ipsweeper.sh                                     (07-09 11:14)
You forgot an IP adress!
Syntax: ./ipsweep.sh xxx.xxx.x
[andrew@darkstar:~/Desktop]$ ./ipsweeper.sh 192.168.0.1                         (07-09 11:14)
ping: 192.168.0.1.2: Name or service not known

Last edited:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 kali kali 94 jul 5 09:41 ipsweeper.sh
it was the output of ipsweeper line

well the file is owned by kali and group kali ; its got read and execute permission on owner and group and from "UGO" perspective it cam be run by owner and from group but , "others" won't be able to run since the script needs read permission in order to run. So what output do you get from the shell you are using to run the script and entering code below? :
prompt-$ whoami

Here i took a photo

Attachments

• IMG20210709192652.jpg
    IMG20210709192652.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 2,252
Should it look like this... Cz I don't know this is my first time

Attachments

• IMG20210709194151.jpg
    IMG20210709194151.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,631
Can you share the source of the ipsweeper.sh script that you are using?

Should it look like this... Cz I don't know this is my first time
Did you run the terminal from the folder that the ipsweeper.sh file is in - is does not look like it - I don't know if Kali has a right click open terminal here function or not - since I do not use it - navigate to where the file is stored right click and select open terminal here then run the code listed above

I am totally new so i don't know if I am doing anything wrong

Attachments

• IMG20210709195117.jpg
    IMG20210709195117.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 662
there is an app called hackerx I was trying to learn from it...
You should learn how the system(GNU/Linux) works before trying to learn how to hack. Learn to walk before you try to run.

I am totally new so i don't know if I am doing anything wrong
Source isn't a screenshot of the script but the link where you downloaded it from.

first thing I see is your script is using the seq function has been replaced by value
The old line :
for ip in `seq 1 254` ; do
The new command should be:
for ip in {1..254} ; do

also where it says |grep "64 byts" should say |grep "64 bytes"

Last edited by a moderator:
yes because its a sh file and has bin/bash if its the same script that i'm using - sometimes incompatibility running bash with zsh ?
Shouldn't be a problem if bash is installed since the script uses a shebang pointing to /bin/bash.

Members online

Latest posts