Zorin OS?

S

Smokey

Has anyone used this distro? How is it? Is it better/faster then Xubuntu? I currently got Xubuntu on my netbook and it seems to do the job nicely but I've recently heard about this Zorin OS and it grabbed my attention. Has anyone used it yet? :)

Yes. I tried the version based on ubuntu 10.04 LTS and found it acceptable but geared towards those needing to wean themselves from the dominant OS slowly.

Since based on ubuntu with a different GUI, it is no "better" than xubuntu and most probably slower than it on limited-resource computers. YLMF is a Chinese distro that looks and feels like XP -- surprisingly, I liked it slightly more than Zorin, myself (better repos).

It is only 'cause ya asked that I even indulge in starting to rate these imitators.

Cheers & Best wishes!

I have Zorin OS installed on one of my computers. There are better options, but for someone who is used to XP, it can make for a smooth transition.

As far as YLMF goes, I can never get full English out of it. I always end up with some Chinese characters.

I've used it and I really like it. I'd recommend it to anyone switching from Windows, however my favorite distro remains Ubuntu.

Members online